Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Hitchens meets Brain Fog

"The worst days," he says, "are when you feel foggy in the head – chemo-brain they call it. It's awful because you feel boring. As well as bored. And stupid. And resigned. You don't have any motive, which is bad. You don't care what's going to happen to you. That lasts sometimes two days. And when that comes with nausea – even if you have eaten, you have to go and be sick – it's very upsetting."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2010/nov/14/christopher-hitchens-cancer-interview

I don't care when celebrities get engaged, or divorced, or arrested, but when they get sick I find myself wanting to know every last detail.

"Brain Fog", for the first few years, was my main symptom and the hardest to define. When I try and explain it to people I always get the feeling they don't really believe me. Not because they think I'm a liar, but it's just hard to describe, and it's hard to fathom. Next time I will just say, "Christopher Hitchens put it best..." and rattle off this quote. Not that this is really "the best" description, but it's all in the name dropping. The idea being, if it can happen to him it can happen to anyone.


2 comments:

  1. I learn new information from your blog, you are doing a great job. Keep it up.
    https://blog.mindvalley.com/brain-fog/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think there are other good natural ways to cure this thing as well. I found this cheat sheet for brain fog diet that contains some some great tips on what to eat and drink to eliminate brain fog.

    ReplyDelete