Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Up Early

I had to get up at 8:45 today to take my car to the dealer to have the fluids checked. I woke up before my alarm went off and stayed awake in bed until it did. I guess daylight savings is having an effect on me.

I don't remember when I got to sleep last night, but it was at least by one, probably earlier. So that's at least 7 and a half hours of sleep. Not as much as I'm used to but it's not so bad that I should feel this tired.

I almost fell asleep twice today, once waiting for the maid, and then I had to be awake while she was here, and once while waiting for the dealer to call saying I could come get my car. (Or call a friend and have them take me to my car.)

I just fell over onto the couch and didn't set an alarm because I was expecting the call to wake me up. And at some point I woke up and it was so dark outside and I thought, "It must be 8:00! What happened to my car?" I checked my phone and saw it was only 5:30, still a half hour for them to call. Also saw that I had an e-mail from them saying they'd been trying to reach me for the last half hour. (They had my number one digit off, 2003 instead of 2013...just realized that in two years the last four digits of my phone number will be the same as the year, what a fun year that will be, I'll be 29!)

They said they couldn't finish the car tonight but they could have it for me at 9am tomorrow. (So I wouldn't miss too much work.) But I realized the only thing I had to do tomorrow was go to pilates at 2:00, so I told them please not to call me until after 11. "I have to sleep in"

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you are so wiped. I hate that state. I hope you are feeling more rested soon. I, too, am having weird after-affects from the time change. I was unable to sleep at all for the first few days. And now that it is dark at 5:30 I'm all turned around. But, it is helping me to get to bed earlier, so I guess that is a good thing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's is always nice to have this little bit of help going to bed and getting up earlier.

    ReplyDelete